Pokemon: Crystal Version: 2001
Developer: Game Freak, Inc.
Pokemon: Crystal Version Game Manual
Pokémon Crystal is an upgrade of the parallel Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver. The game is to its parallels like Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition and Pokémon Emerald are to to theirs. This means that the storyline, characters, and gameplay are basically the same, only there have been made several updates and changes to make this game more exciting and fun.
- The player can now play as both a male and a female character.
- The Pokémon Suicune plays a much bigger role, both as a character and a Pokémon. The player will meet it earlier and be able to catch it easier at Tin Tower as well as encountering it three times before.
- New characters: Eusine, The Poké Seer and more.
- New interface, a sign will appear at the bottom of the screen when entering a new area showing where the player is (route, area).
- New animations: Pokémon move when entering combat screen.
- New Pokémon locations, exceptions, moves and additions.
These are among the most significant changes to the upgrade version. However, the player will find many new details in the gameplay and interface that makes the game more exciting.